Do you feel like sometimes you just need a little encouragement to get through the day? Me too. When I’m in nature, all I need to do is sit in creation and soak it in. During that time, my charge cord is plugged in and within a matter of minutes I’m full.
Look what scripture says about nature:
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:1-4
For those who believe, this is why we feel so close to God when in nature. Nature itself is witnessing of God without words…that’s so cool!
But what if you cannot get outside?
There’s another source of encouragement you can tap into at any time by meditating on the Word itself. It is alive.
When I’m worried about something, I find an appropriate verse and repeat it during the day.
For example, if I’m feeling scared I can say this verse:
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Is 41:10
After a few minutes of meditating on this, I will lose my fear and begin to feel calm. If I fall backwards and feel anxious again, all I have to do is keep repeating my verse. It really is powerful.
So, I want to encourage someone out there with some free artwork in the mail.
- 1 person will receive this original watercolor with a personalized handwritten verse on it.
- 6 people will receive a print of this watercolor with their own personalized handwritten verse on it.
- By Friday, March 4, 2016 at 6pm (cst) Leave a comment and tell me what area you need encouragement in. (For example: I am feeling worried… I am feeling scared… I am feeling a little sad.) You don’t have to be specific. DO NOT leave your personal information like address or phone number…it will be deleted.
- I will pick 7 entries Saturday, March 5, 2016 and contact you via email.
- When you receive your artwork in the mail, do something encouraging for someone else. This could be anything. You can call someone up on the phone and tell them you’re thinking about them and share your verse. You can give a friend one single flower and find a verse that can help them. Just do something encouraging for someone in need!
Next week, I will post the selected entries as 7 different encouraging verses for anyone to download. So everyone is a winner!
It is my hope that I can uplift people and in return they can turn around and uplift others. Let us be light in the world!!!!